August 25, 2018

Self-assessment tax return help for Driving Instructors

This guide sets out the basics for getting your tax affairs in order and filling in your self-assessment tax return.

Registering with HM Revenue & Customs

You need to be registered with HMRC, If not yet registered or...

Your quick checklist…

If your answer is ‘yes’ to any of the following questions from April 2017 to March 2018 you must complete and submit a tax return:

  • Were you self employed or a partner in a business at any time in the year?

  • Were you a company director?

  • ...

March 10, 2018

There are a lot of perks to being self-employed, from flexible hours and being your own boss, to the privilege of

working from home. There are some definitely some drawbacks to freelance life though, and one of these can be the annual filing of the self-assessment tax...

The one question I get asked the most often is “what expenses can I claim?”  This blog lists some of the most common tax deductible expenses.

The basic rule is that you can claim any expenses that are wholly and exclusively for the purpose of carrying out your trade....

February 16, 2018

Parents, including the self-employed, can apply online for Tax-Free Childcare by visiting Childcare Choices. Parents can also access the government’s childcare calculator through Childcare Choices, which helps parents to choose which government childcare support is bes...

Please reload

Our Recent Posts

Please reload



Please reload

Please reload


Extended opening hours because we know that it's not always possible for you to contact or meet with us during normal office hours.

Monday to Sunday
8am to 9pm



07724 282 176

Home l PII l Privacy Notice l Disclaimer l Terms & Conditions

©2019 by Teesside Financial Accountants. Proudly created with