Please reload

Please reload


Do you need to file a tax return?​

Your quick checklist…


 If your answer is ‘yes’ to any of the following questions from April 2017 to March 2018 you must complete and submit a tax return:



  • Were you self employed or a partner in a business at any time in the year?

  • Were you a company director?

  • Did you receive income over £100,000?

  • Did you receive £10,000 or more before tax from taxed savings and investments, including dividends?

  • Did you receive more than £2,500 in untaxed income?

  • Did you receive income from letting out property?

  • Did you receive foreign income liable to UK tax?

  • Are you an employee claiming expenses or professional subscriptions of £2,500 or more?

  • Did you, or your partner, receive child benefit and have an individual “adjusted net income” of over £50,000 per annum?

  • Was your State Pension more than your Personal Allowance and was your only source of income?

  • Have you received a letter from HMRC requiring you to complete a Self Assessment Tax Return 2017-18?

  • Have you made profits from selling assets such as shares, a second home or other chargeable assets, and need to pay Capital Gains Tax?


Contact our team



Contact us for a free, no obligation quotation or to discuss further if you are in any doubt as to whether you need to complete a tax return.


A quick call to our team will put your mind at ease and we will be able to quickly advise on your situation.












Please reload

Please reload

Our Recent Posts



07724 282 176

Home l PII l Privacy Notice l Disclaimer l Terms & Conditions

©2019 by Teesside Financial Accountants. Proudly created with