top of page

Do you need to file a tax return?​

Your quick checklist…

If your answer is ‘yes’ to any of the following questions from April 2017 to March 2018 you must complete and submit a tax return:

  • Were you self employed or a partner in a business at any time in the year?

  • Were you a company director?

  • Did you receive income over £100,000?

  • Did you receive £10,000 or more before tax from taxed savings and investments, including dividends?

  • Did you receive more than £2,500 in untaxed income?

  • Did you receive income from letting out property?

  • Did you receive foreign income liable to UK tax?

  • Are you an employee claiming expenses or professional subscriptions of £2,500 or more?

  • Did you, or your partner, receive child benefit and have an individual “adjusted net income” of over £50,000 per annum?

  • Was your State Pension more than your Personal Allowance and was your only source of income?

  • Have you received a letter from HMRC requiring you to complete a Self Assessment Tax Return 2017-18?

  • Have you made profits from selling assets such as shares, a second home or other chargeable assets, and need to pay Capital Gains Tax?

Contact our team

Contact us for a free, no obligation quotation or to discuss further if you are in any doubt as to whether you need to complete a tax return.

A quick call to our team will put your mind at ease and we will be able to quickly advise on your situation.

bottom of page